This historical landmark was built in 1916 which replaced the original log schoolhouse which was tragically destroyed in a fire. This cherished building was the source of education in Red River, NM until the 1940’s. It was then that the building served as a social hall, church and even a funeral parlor!!! In 1999 it was relocated from the banks of Bitter Creek to its current location. The museum displays various artifacts of the early days of Red River as well as an outdoor mining exhibit.
Address: 703 East Main Street, Red River, NM 87558