- Ground audible devices: Chasers and Fire crackers.
- Aerial devices: including Aerial shell kits and Reloadable tubes, Aerial spinners, Helicopters, Mines, Missile-type, etc.
Once ignited, aerial and ground audible devices take an unpredictable flight path and pose a significant fire hazard to structures and vegetation. They also possess a significant injury potential to the user and innocent bystanders. These devices are also disturbing to public peace.
- Cone Fountains, Crackling Devices, Cylindrical fountains, and Flitter sparklers.
- Ground Spinners, Illuminating torches, Toy smoke devices, and Wheels.
If you buy fireworks from retail stores, read the Warning Label. If it reads “WARNING,” it is illegal. If it reads “CAUTION,” it is legal.
US FOREST SERVICE LANDS – All Fireworks are prohibited.
If you want to enjoy a firework display without having to worry about providing your own fireworks, the Village of Eagle Nest will start their display over the lake after dark (about 9:30 pm) and the Town of Taos will start their display at 9:15 pm on the Salazar Road Extension.
If you must use fireworks, please follow these firework safety tips:
- Fireworks should not be used on “Red Flag Warning” days, as these days indicate extreme risk for fires
- Have a water source close by
- Always have an adult present and never allow children to use fireworks
- Use caution – Always use fireworks outdoors on a paved or dirt area clear from homes, trees, vegetation, and other combustible materials
- Always read and follow directions carefully. Only light one firework at a time then move away quickly
- Dispose of used fireworks in a bucket of water
*** There are currently no fire restrictions***
Have a SAFE 4th of July Celebration!
Information Provided by Red River & Wheeler Peak Fire Departments